I’m a woman, a business owner and a mother. That’s all you need to know about me in no particular order. And my story’s punch line is really an exercise in circular logic: Pregnancy turned me into a better business owner; being a better business owner made me a better mother.
Now let’s mix in a few more stereotypes and judgmental factors about my business acumen:
- I opened a restaurant but I can’t cook.
- I launched it at the height of the Great Recession.
- I try to make everyone happy and dread upsetting anyone.
- I opened a second restaurant when I started my family.
- I opened a third restaurant with a toddler and newborn.